Smithville Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck accidents differ drastically from car accidents. The injuries tend to be more severe, damage is often worse, and liable parties can vary. Whether you’ve been in a car crash before or this is your first motor vehicle wreck, we want you to be prepared to protect your legal right to financial compensation after a truck crash.
Different Kinds of Truck Wrecks
We often think of large tractor-trailers when we think about serious truck crashes and with good reason. When a tractor-trailer or a big rig crash, the impact is often devastating. However, trucks other than 18-wheelers also crash. For example, box trucks, delivery trucks, garbage trucks, rental trucks, flatbed trucks, utility trucks, cement trucks, and other trucks can also cause significant accidents and injuries.
Trucks may be involved in:
- Jackknife accidents
- Rollover accidents
- Rear-end crashes
- Head-on collisions
- T-bone wrecks
- Hazardous cargo accidents
Common reasons for trucks of any kind to crash include, but are not limited to:
- Tired or overworked truckers
- Distracted truckers
- Drunk or drugged truckers
- Health problems of truckers
- Blind spots
- Truck maintenance issues
- Unbalanced or unsecured cargo
- Negligent hiring by trucking companies
- Unsafe trucking company policies or procedures
Just one of these reasons can result in a catastrophic crash with devastating injuries.
Commonly Seen Truck Accident Injuries
The size and weight of trucks can cause truck crash injuries to be more severe than other types of motor vehicle accident injuries. Some of the injuries that may occur include:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Broken bones
- Internal injuries
- Illnesses from exposure to hazardous materials
Fatal injuries may also occur because of the impact of a truck collision or the extent of the injuries caused by a truck crash.
Any of these injuries can cause you significant financial trouble, physical pain, and emotional suffering, but there may be help available if you take action to protect your rights.
Damages in Truck Accident Claims
When you or a loved one is involved in a truck accident, the physical, emotional, and financial toll can be overwhelming. At The Law Offices of James P. Deffet, LLC, we understand the challenges you face and are here to help you recover the compensation you deserve. Let’s explore the damages truck accident victims can recover with the assistance of an experienced personal injury attorney.
- Medical Expenses: Truck accidents often result in severe injuries, leading to extensive medical bills. Our team will work tirelessly to ensure that all current and future medical costs, including hospitalization, surgeries, rehabilitation, and medications, are covered in your claim.
- Lost Wages and Income: Being unable to work due to injuries can cause financial strain. We will seek compensation for your lost wages and any potential loss of future earning capacity, ensuring you can maintain your financial stability.
- Pain and Suffering: The physical and emotional pain caused by a truck accident can be immeasurable. Our attorneys will fight for compensation to ease your suffering and help you on your road to recovery.
- Property Damage: Your vehicle is likely to sustain significant damage in a truck accident. We will pursue reimbursement for the repair or replacement of your vehicle, sparing you the financial burden.
- Rehabilitation and Therapy: Recovery often involves ongoing therapy and rehabilitation. Our team will work diligently to secure compensation for these vital services to aid in your recovery.
- Wrongful Death: Tragically, some truck accidents result in fatalities. In such cases, we will help the surviving family members pursue a wrongful death claim, seeking justice and financial support during this difficult time.
- Punitive Damages: In cases of extreme negligence or reckless behavior, punitive damages may be applicable. Our attorneys will explore all avenues to hold responsible parties accountable and maximize your compensation.
At The Law Offices of James P. Deffet, LLC, we are dedicated to ensuring that truck accident victims receive the full scope of damages they are entitled to. Our experienced team will provide you with personalized legal representation, fighting relentlessly to protect your rights and secure the compensation you need to rebuild your life after a devastating truck accident. Contact us today for a free consultation and let us guide you through the process of recovering the damages you deserve.
What You Need to Know After a Truck Crash in Smithville, Missouri
As you begin your physical recovery or grieving your loved one, you may not know what to do next. We understand that life is overwhelming right now, and encourage you to protect yourself by learning:
- What to do now. Immediately after a truck wreck, it is essential to call the police, get medical help, and, if you can do so, take pictures at the accident scene. You should also call a Smithville truck accident lawyer for help as soon as you can.
- What not to do now. Do not admit fault at the accident scene. Additionally, do not talk directly with insurance adjusters or accept any insurance settlements without speaking to a lawyer first.
- How long you have to take action. The Missouri Statute of Limitations typically gives truck accident victims five years to file a case. However, you should not wait that long to contact a lawyer and take the necessary actions to protect your legal rights.
We know that you still have more questions and concerns, and we want you to get the answers that you need without making a financial commitment.
Our Truck Accident Lawyers Are Here to Help You
The Law Offices of James P. Deffet LLC would be pleased to provide you with a free, no-obligation consultation about your rights. Let’s meet to discuss:
- Whether you have a case. We will review what happened during your accident to determine who may be at fault and who the defendants may be in your case.
- How a case will work. We will explain how a truck accident case works so you can anticipate what will happen next and throughout your case.
- What you can expect if you hire Jim Deffet to represent you. We will discuss how we can best work together, how we will communicate, and how we can remove the stress of a lawsuit from your shoulders while protecting your fair recovery.
- What your recovery could include. We will fight for your fair recovery of past and future lost income, out-of-pocket damages, medical costs, physical pain, emotional suffering, and other damages.
Our firm will also help you throughout the
Contact Our Smithville Trucking Accident Lawyers Today
We don’t want a Clay County, Platte County, Clinton County, or Jackson County truck accident case to be a financial burden for you. Therefore, if you decide to move forward, we accept most cases on a contingency fee basis so that you only pay us after you recover money in a settlement or court verdict. Contact us today to schedule your initial consultation as soon as possible.