Our firm has a dual focus: helping personal injury victims obtain the compensation they deserve and providing criminal defendants with a vigorous legal defense. Are you suffering from injuries caused by someone else's negligence, or facing criminal charges that jeopardize your freedom and your future? We can help. Find out more about the types of cases we handle.
Meet Smithville Attorney James Deffet
Work With An Experienced Missouri Personal Injury Attorney
Life can turn on a dime—and no one expects the unthinkable to happen to them. A day like any other can suddenly turn into the day you were seriously injured in a car, truck, or other accident you didn't cause, or the day you found yourself facing frightening misdemeanor or felony charges. Events like these have the power to change your life—and usually not for the better. An injury can leave you in pain, out of work, and drowning medical bills you can't pay, while criminal charges can threaten both your freedom and your future.
Whether you're seeking compensation for an injury caused by someone else's negligence or have been charged with a criminal offense, one thing is certain: You need the representation of a knowledgeable and experienced Missouri attorney. Fortunately, that's just what you'll find here at the Law Offices of James P. Deffet LLC.
Located just outside of Kansas City in Smithville, Missouri, we are a small practice that's focused on getting big results for our clients. We handle a wide variety of personal injury cases, including those involving:
- Car accidents
- Truck crashes
- Motorcycle wrecks
- Boating accidents
- Injuries caused by unsafe products or rental equipment
- Fireworks injuries
- Injuries due to falls from horses
- And more
We also provide criminal defense for all Missouri state misdemeanors and felonies, including theft, assault, driving while intoxicated, and drug-related charges.
At the Law Offices of James P. Deffet LLC, we realize that dealing with complex legal issues can be overwhelming and try to take as much of that burden from our clients as possible. To that end, we'll handle all aspects of your personal injury or criminal case from start to finish, and work to resolve your legal problem in a way that enables you to lead a better life. Want to find out if we can help you with your case? Take advantage of a free initial consultation.
Why Choose Us for Your Personal Injury or Criminal Defense Case?
There's no shortage of personal injury or criminal defense attorneys in Clay, Platte, Clinton, and Jackson counties, but at the Law Offices of James P. Deffet LLC, there's a lot that sets us apart from the competition, including:
- Experience on both sides of the aisle. Before starting his practice in 2002, Attorney James Deffet not only worked as a prosecutor, he also represented insurance companies in litigation, giving him invaluable insight into both criminal and personal injury cases. He knows the tricks insurance companies have up their sleeves and puts his vast knowledge of personal injury and criminal law to work for you.
- Small caseload, attentive legal services. We're not a “high-volume” practice, which means we don't take every case that comes through our doors. We focus on clients we're confident we can help, which allows us to provide attentive and personalized legal services. At the Law Offices of James P. Deffet LLC, your case will never be handed off to a paralegal or associate.
- Up-to-date technology and legal knowledge. Technology can change—and so can the law. We stay up-to-date with both to provide clients with the best possible representation.
- Friendly, but fearless. We care about our clients and the situations they're facing when they come to us. However, while we're friendly and compassionate with clients, we're fearless at the negotiations table and in the courtroom. We're not afraid to take on difficult cases and take them all the way to trial, if needed.
MO & KS Criminal Defense and Personal Injury Info
- Posted on 03/25/2020The Danger of Defective Rental Equipment
- Posted on 03/25/2020Protect Your Missouri Truck Accident Injury Recovery
- Posted on 03/25/2020Essential Information for People Hurt in Missouri Slip and Fall Accidents
- Posted on 03/29/2020Theft Crimes in Missouri
- Posted on 03/29/2020Missouri Careless and Imprudent Driving Laws and Penalties
- Posted on 03/29/2020Compensation After a Missouri Personal Injury Accident